When and How to Take AmitizaSome general considerations for those taking Amitiza include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily with food and water.
- Make sure to swallow the capsules whole. Do not chew or open them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Amitiza will not continue to work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Amitiza your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Amitiza Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of AmitizaAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Amitiza. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the common side effects include but are not limited to:
(Click Amitiza Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)