Drug InteractionsAt this time, it appears that Amitiza is unlikely to interact with other medications (see Amitiza Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Amitiza?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A bowel blockage (obstruction)
- Severe diarrhea
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Amitiza and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Amitiza and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Amitiza Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
What If I Take an Overdose?It is not known what exactly to expect from an overdose. If you happen to take too much Amitiza, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Amitiza Overdose for more information.)