Bentyl Warnings and Precautions
Infants less than six months should not take Bentyl. In addition, you should not take Bentyl if you:
- Are allergic to Bentyl, dicyclomine hydrochloride, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have difficulty passing urine due to an obstruction (such as with an enlarged prostate).
- Have a blockage of the digestive tract (gastrointestinal obstruction).
- Have severe ulcerative colitis.
- Have unstable cardiovascular function due to severe bleeding.
- Have glaucoma.
- Have myasthenia gravis.
- Are breastfeeding.
Final Thoughts on Bentyl Warnings and Precautions
There are a number of situations in which Bentyl should not be taken, along with several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before taking the medication. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Bentyl warnings and precautions that may apply to you.