Linzess Side Effects
Serious Side Effects
Some Linzess side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Severe or persistent diarrhea
- Severe abdominal (stomach) pain
- Bright red, bloody, or tarry-looking stools
- Signs of dehydration, such as:
- Dry mouth
- Feeling thirsty
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the Linzess side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Linzess or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.