Irritable Bowel Syndrome Home > Bentyl Side Effects
Some Bentyl side effects, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Difficulty passing urine
- Severe constipation
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Difficult or painful breathing
- Psychotic behavior or thoughts (such as hallucinations)
- Heat stroke
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final Thoughts on Bentyl Side Effects
You may experience some or none of the Bentyl side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Bentyl, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.