When and How to Take It
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Lotronex include the following:
- Lotronex comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day, although some people may only need to take it once a day.
- You can take your dose with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Because of risks associated with its use, Lotronex can only be prescribed by healthcare providers who enroll in a special program and understand the risks and benefits of prescribing Lotronex.
- You will be given a medication guide that explains the important things you need to know about taking Lotronex. Make sure you read the guide, and ask questions if you have them. You will be asked to sign a form indicating you read the guide and understand the risks and benefits of using Lotronex before starting treatment.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of Lotronex your healthcare provider recommends may vary, depending on a few factors, including:
- How you respond to it
- If you develop side effects
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Side Effects of Lotronex
Just like any medicine, Lotronex can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the most common Lotronex side effects include but are not limited to:
- Abdominal (stomach) pain and discomfort
(Click Lotronex Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)