The effects of a Zelnorm overdose may include:
- Low blood pressure when going from a sitting or lying-down position to standing up (orthostatic hypotension).
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting, especially when standing up
- Abdominal pain (or stomach pain).
The treatment for a Zelnorm overdose will vary. If the Zelnorm overdose was recent, the healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment may also involve supportive care. This type of care consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options for a Zelnorm overdose may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Other treatments based on complications that occur
- Closely monitoring the heart and blood pressure.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Zelnorm.