Zelnorm Side Effects
There are other side effects that can occur. These side effects have occurred in very few people taking Zelnorm (less than 1 percent). It is difficult to tell whether these side effects are caused by Zelnorm itself or something else.
Some of these rare but possible side effects include but are not limited to:
- Heart problems, including chest pain, a fast heart rate (tachycardia), or fainting
- A spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Vision changes
- Digestive tract problems, including hemorrhoids, rectal or anal pain, problems controlling the bowels, heartburn or indigestion (dyspepsia), and acid reflux
- Swelling in the arms or legs
- Increased appetite (see Zelnorm and Weight Gain)
- Breast cancer
- Depression (see Zelnorm and Depression)
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Difficulty breathing or throat pain
- Miscarriage or increased menstrual bleeding
- Flushing (redness of the skin, especially the face)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Hair loss.
You may experience some or none of the side effects explained above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, be sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Zelnorm. Also let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.